Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Saturday 4 June 2011

Cardmap cards for friends

A few weeks ago we were given a challenge at our PennyFlowers group to do some cards using a Cardmap (sketch) and send them to some of our group that had been having a bit of a hard time lately or been sick. A lot of us had never had a go at cardmaps but have trouble coming up with layouts when planning a card.  The cardmaps that she gave us as the challenge, were from Becky Flecks pagemaps site who Angie had got permission to use them. I decided to have a go at a couple of them, and see what I came up with. 




The first one was this one, which I decided to do with my favourite die, the Marianne creatables doily die and the MS doily lace border punch. 


I sent it to KiwiBarb, who is living in Christchurch and has been having a trying time after the earthquakes.  Although she didn't have any damage to her own home, she has had some close friends and family that are going through a very difficult time, with their houses either badly damaged or unlivable!  I had been thinking of her quite a bit, and was happy to send her a card to cheer her up. This is the card I send her






The other card I made was this Cardmap.
I sent it to a lady in Malaysa, Kristyn who had been quiet, she sadly lost her dad last year, so I sent a card to let her know, us at PennyFlowers were thinking of her.

This one I did the flowers with a Cuttlebug flowers die and the MS butterflies punch.

2 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

Oh my god Helen, these are gorgeous. I especially love the first one with the doily, that just hit the nail in my eyes ha ha ha. I love MS punches and the doily also looks amazing. But also the cute butterflies are pretty cool and the colors on both cards are sooo beautiful and can only make one smile. Stunning work hun, really great.
Have a wonderful day dear friend and let´s see some more like these, there so beautiful work.

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such lovely creations. I am glad I dropped by . Becoming your new follower
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Post a Comment