Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday 11 October 2012

Flower Doily


These two cards were done with the Marianne Creatables Flower doily and flower die set I have done for Fat Cats Card Corner.


The first one is done with pink and cream card, I have done the doily in the cream and backed it in the pink.  I have done a doily in pink and then cut out four of the lattice parts to form the corners.  The words are done with another Marianne Creatables die, Just for you Thanks LR0224 Die, and then the bottom border is done with a Die-namics die Faux Crochet border die.  




The flower is made with the die that comes with the set also, I have used 5 of them cut out, and have shaped each one slightly, more so as I worked into the centre, so that the middle two are quite cupped.  Then I have layered them one inside the other.  Finally I put some pearls.


The second card is a black and white card with a butterfly and the flower done slightly differently.


I have backed the white flower doily  which I cut the centre out of the doily and then backed it with black card, so that it showed the black around the cut out centre, and then filled in behind that with white card so that you couldn't see the ribbon.  The sentiment is done on the computer and then cut out with the Spellbinder fancy tag 2 die, again backed in black.  The flower I have cut out a black one and a white one and put them together, alternating the petals.  In the centre of the doily I have put the Kaleidoscope Butterfly Die, again backed with black card.   

1 comments:

Only By His Grace said...

hi Helen!
Your cards are lovely. Very well thought out.
I especially love the black and white one and how the butterfly was done. Very effective.
Hugs Maz

Post a Comment