Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 23 January 2013

Pink Lily

Today I am showing you a card which I have made with the Cuttlebug Brocade Embossing plus folder.  It is the first time I have used one of these, and although I found it rather big, it embossed beautifully, and the flap they have so that you can sponge colour on it while still in the folder, is such a great idea.  


I used the de-bossed side and sponged it with some Tim Holtz spun sugar ink.  
The Lily and leaves were made with the Cheery Lynn Build a flower #3.  I made a quilled stamen in the centre.  The colouring I did with watercolour pencils as I felt I had more control of how dark it got.  The flourishes are the Elegant Scrollwork Die 98153 by Memory box.  On top of those are the Marianne Creatables 3 Leaves die LR0192.
The sentiment is done with the Cheery Lynn Best Wishes phrases die B244.
Finally a pink organza bow at the top

5 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

This is sooooooooo gorgeous helen, and again you´ve just created a masterpiece here. You are so talented girl, stunning work.

Paper Lace and Card Nook said...

Beautiful card Helen so pretty.
hugs Carolyn

Sathya said...

Awesome :) Love the flower!!

kathi17 said...

This is so beautiful Helen. I've had that folder for a long time but never made anything I really liked with it. Your card is gorgeous, and I love the coloring on your lily. It looks so real!

Only By His Grace said...

Beautiful creation Helen.
Hugs Maz

Post a Comment