Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Red & White Mother's Day Card


This weekend it is Mother's Day, so I thought I had better make a card for my Mum.  I didn't think I was going to get it finished, and was running out of time, but I got it made, and thought I would share it with you.


I have used two of the Vintage Decoration Marianne Creatables die for the LR0269 leaving a gap in the middle, and then making a liner in red by freehand cutting it. The Embossing folder is the K.Kingston 'Leaves and Butterflies' which I have had for ages, and love.  It is a great one for doing multiple times on a piece of card, and being able to do it from different sides without looking upside down.  The flowers are done with the new Cheery Lynn strip dies, the shaded flowers in the middle are the small Gardenia strip and the red ones are the Small sweet Christine strip with a brad in the middle.  Hopefully she will like it!

2 comments:

Heather said...

It is beautiful! Quite a stunning presentation. I really like the space in between the die cuts for the sentiment!

Heather said...

Did you freehand the red border for the Marianne die?

Post a Comment