Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Thursday 24 March 2016

Purple Vintage Roses card

I have finally managed to finish a card using the Altenew Vintage Roses Stamp set. It isn't perfect, as some of the flowers and leaves aren't perfectly lined up, but it has still made a very pretty card I think.  



I had a few issues with making this card, because of its construction, I stamped the roses and leaves on a die cut stitched circle, and made some of the stamps go off the die cut.  I then placed it on where it was going to go on my card base,  and matched up the stamps of the one rose and 3 leaf stamps and stamped them onto the base.  I used a home-made stamp-a-ma-jig, so that I could line up where the stamp was to go.  

However, I ended up having to make 3 of the backgrounds and almost had to do the circle part again.  It really wasn't my day!  The first card base, I somehow completely misjudged the top layer stamp of the wee two flower stamp at the top right hand corner, and it turned out about 5mm below where the base stamp was....ahhhggg!  So I started again and got to the stage where I was almost finished and dropped one of the ink cubes I was using onto the lovely clean area below all the stamping!!!!  So I started it again for the third time!

I almost had to start the circle die again.  I was just finishing my last purple rose at the bottom, and dropped a ink cube just below it, and nearly cried!!!  With some quick work, I was able to clean off some of the ink with a baby wipe, put it aside until it dried, as I wasn't sure how the card was going to look, as it had started to pill slightly, and I hadn't got all the ink off.  When it dried, it didn't look too bad, so decided to stamp a leaf over the area, and luckily it didn't show too much.  Catastrophe averted!!

The colours of inks I have used for the flowers is the Adirondack Denim ink for the darkest, a little cube of purple pigment ink, I bought a set of purples and mauve's ages ago, but can't remember the brand, and they don't have it on them, for the next layer.  The middle layer was a Versa color cube called violet, and the lightest layer is another one from the cube set that I don't know the brand of.  I would like to get one of the Altenew purple sets of mini cubes, but with the last 3 orders lately, I better wait a while to get that.
The greens are done with the Altenew Green fields mini ink pad set. 

I mounted the stitched circle die cut onto fun foam, and then mounted it onto the card base, matching the design on the bottom.  A few of the pretty pink posh 4mm droplets to finish it off. 
   

This is a close up of the roses and leaves in the circle die part.  Some of the leaves, despite using the stamp-a-ma-jig, still weren't lined up perfectly, but it will have to do.  Hopefully with more practice, I will get better at that.  I was wondering if it would be easier with a Misti stamping tool, but I just can't afford one, the exchange rate and postage is just so expensive to get it to New Zealand. Oh well I am sure I will get better at it.  

I decided at this point, not to do a sentiment on the card, as I think I could use it for a variety of occasions, such as Birthday, Sympathy, Thank you or Mother's day or anything like that, so I will put it aside, and put the sentiment on it once I decide to use it. 

I love love love this stamp set, so I have another few ideas of how to use it for some cards, so will post them when I have done them.   

4 comments:

Margaret said...

This is beautiful Helen. I do love those stamps.
Hus Margaret M

Carol Rossouw said...

Oh Helen, this is absolutely beautiful - and so clever with the overlapping image on the circle die cut. I told you it was because of your beautiful cards with these vintage roses that I bought a set for myself. Well, after watching a few videos using this set, I also ordered myself a MISTI. At first I thought of ways to try and make my own MISTI, because the cost of getting it to me here in Namibia is just as (if not more!) expensive - especially with our exchange rate of 15 to 1! But then my dear husband said, "Just get it!" I did, and am not one bit sorry, It REALLY helps for lining the stamps up (even my very first attempt was spot on. And like you, I have limited inks to work with, but with the MISTI you can double or triple stamp some colours to get a darker shade. (For ink I ordered the two sets of 12 little Memento tear drop dye inks & now have 24 colours to choose from at a very much less expensive price than buying the bigger pads separately, and they stamp these flowers and roses beautifully). Your cards really are lovely, & I can't wait to see what you create. It's what I love - femininely beautiful. And your flowers on your cards have always inspired me - though I have yet to get mine looking as lovely as yours :)) Blessings!

Carol Rossouw said...

PS. How did you make the little rosebuds? Did you use the leaves? Or are there rosebuds on there that I'm not seeing as such?

Isabel said...

Hi Helen, I'm totally inlove with your work. I like all the cards that you do. I'm trying to find here in Spain the Altenew Crisp ink pad but I had not luck at the moment��, I only could find a few Aktenew Stamps.
Thanks for your videos in Youtube��

Post a Comment