Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday 16 May 2016

Aperture lattice card

The card I have done today is a re-do really, I made one slightly different in colour about a month ago, but thought I would do a video showing how I made it, and did it in a different colour this time.  


I made the base card first by cutting the aperture into the front of the card base with a stitched rectangle die, and then matched up the front panel and the inside panel with the cut rectangle to cut the same stitched rectangle into these.  I glued a die cut of the lattice onto the front of the card base, mounted the front panel with fun foam and stuck that over the lattice on the card base, matching the aperture to hide the edges of the die cut. Lastly the inside panel was stuck into the inside of the card, again matching the aperture, so that there is stitched detail on the inside of the card as well.  That is the base finished.


I stamped 6 of the large flower and two of the small flower from the Altenew peony scroll stamp set with versamark ink and white embossing powder, and an assortment of the different leaves from that set as well.

I watercoloured the flowers with an apricot coloured stabilo 68 pen and an aqua brush pulling the colour out to the rest of each petal from the darkest point.  I used two shades of green for the leaves and watercoloured them the same.  I then cut out the flowers and leaves, 3 layers for each of the bigger flowers, cutting some of the outside petals for the second layer, and only cutting out the central portion for the 3rd layer, and then stuck each layer together with foam tape.  The smaller flower (the one at the top) I only did two layers, one of the whole flower, and one with just the centre portion cut out.  
I arranged them on the card base with two flowers at the bottom and some leaves surrounding them, and the one at the top, again with leaves around it.  

That finished off the card


The supplies I used are
Card base 19 x 29cm folded at 14.5 cm
1 panel for the inside (about A5)
top panel 18 X 13.5cm
Simon says stamps stitched rectangles dies
Taylored expressions circle plate die
Hero arts Happy Birthday wood stamp
Versafine onyx black ink
Altenew peony scrolls stamp set
Versamark watermark ink
Ranger white embossing powder
Heat embossing tool
white fun foam
Cosmic shimmer glue
Stabilo 68 pens in apricot, light green, medium green
Aqua brush (not sure the brand)
foam tape
tape runner

I hope I gave you some inspiration, happy paper crafting. 

4 comments:

newbie85 said...

Thank you for the video! I always learn more by SEEING how something is done than by just reading the instructions!!! It was very well put together and informative!! The card is BEAUTIFUL! I love the lattice on the front!!

Carol Rossouw said...

I love these cards and can't wait to watch the video to see how you made them xx

Cheryl Murphy said...

Helen,
I just discovered Altenew Stamps and just this morning I found your blog. I just want to say the work you do is absolutely stunning. You are so talented and all your cards are just beautiful. I particularly enjoy your videos and love the way you teach. Thank you for sharing your talent with all of us.

Baukje said...

A gorgeous card Helen, I love your water colouring.

Post a Comment