Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Monday 18 July 2016

Two cards Onesie stamp

At the same time that I purchased the Petite Plushies 1st birthday stamp set, I decided to buy the smaller Little Onesie set by Clearly besotted too, as I thought it would be helpful in making baby cards.  So that is what I have used for these two cards


To do the boys card, I used the Creative Expressions Polka dots mask and stencilled some blue and mauve inks with a stencil brush. I then cut out two stitched circles, one in vellum and 1 in white card that was slightly smaller.  I stuck the white circle to the vellum circle and then glued this to the card with a circle of fun foam between the vellum and the card topper.  I trimmed a tiny bit off the edge.  I stuck some blue patterned paper down the folded edge of the card base and then die cut the left hand edge of the polka dot background with a Cheery Lynn border die and stuck that down onto the card base, showing a bit of the striped paper.  The Onesie was stamped onto some chevron patterned paper that I had adhered to some cardboard with some double sided paper, to make it more substantial, the 'precious' sentiment is from the Onesie stamp set also, this was done on a strip of black card with ranger white embossing powder.  The 'baby' sentiment was cut out 4 times with blue card and then glued on top of each other.  Some white iridescent and clear sparkling PPP sequins to finish it off and that is the boys card. 


The girls card is done very similarly but instead of stitched circle dies, I cut two tags, one from white card and the other from pink and mauve baby patterned paper.  I put some pink and white bakers twine through the hole of both tags, and finishing it off with a pink button.  I decided the pink spotted paper was a little plain, so I put a thin strip of iridescent white adhesive backed tape down the edge of the topper to break it a little 


These were both quite quick cards to put together but using quite similar supplies.


The list of supplies I have used making these cards are:
Memory Box Baby sentiment die
Clearly besotted Little Onesie stamp
Cottage Cutz stitched circle dies
Paper Artist 10 tags and trims die set (second largest tag)
Cheery Lynn Dutch daisy border set 2
Creative Expressions Polka dot mask
Distress Inks Spun Sugar, worn lipstick, tumbled glass & shaded Lilac
Versacolor Sky blue ink cube
Stencil brush
Scraps of pattern papers
Scraps of blue and pink card for baby sentiment
Scrap of black card
EK success cutter bee scissors
Double sided tape
Cosmic Shimmer Glue 
precision tip bottle
White iridescent glitter tape
pink and white bakers twine
pink satin ribbon 3mm
pink button
White ranger embossing powder
Versamark watermark ink
Ranger clear embossing powder
Versafine Onyx black ink
White iridescent sequins
Pretty Pink Posh Sparkling clear sequins 4mm



0 comments:

Post a Comment