Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 16 August 2016

Another layered floral stamp card

When I was trying out some different colour combinations and stamps from the two stamps sets I used for the card in the last post, I ended up with some extras to use, so I have made a card with the spare stamps that were left over. 

The card layout is a very simple one, but I got my inspiration from a lady who has a blog called Random Acts of Creativity and did a card for an Altenew Blog hop and I loved how she had tucked some flowers at the bottom edge of her card, so I thought I would CASE her card.  So the inspiration is totally Iwona's.


I started off by making my own diagonal striped tone on tone patterned paper, but I ran into a snag, because the MFT bold diagonal striped background stamp is only 6" wide and I usually do my cards 7", so I had to come up with a way of extending the stamped area.  I did manage to do this, so see the video below of how I did it. 

The top panel with the sentiment has a strip of the pretty Tim Holtz Deco paper at the bottom and then was raised up on some Scotch foam tape to give it some dimension.
Then it was a matter of playing around with the stamps of flowers and leaves that I had fussy cut out.  Once I was happy with the result, I used some Press 'n Seal to keep the grouping together while I glued the flowers and leaves that I wanted as my base layer, and then put all the other flowers on with foam tape again to give the arrangement some dimension.  Lastly I tucked a leaf and flower under the left hand edge just under the sentiment like she had, and that finished it off. 



I have seen this layout done countless times, but I hadn't seen the little sprig tucked under the opposite side of the card like on Iwona's card, which in my opinion make all the difference.  I don't usually CASE cards quite so similar to the original, and I hope she will forgive me, but it is such a simple but pretty layout.  I did contact her, to ask permission and she said it was Ok, so I thank her for this. 




The supplies I have used for this card are:
Altenew Peony Bouquet Stamp set
Altenew Vintage Flowers stamp set
MFT bold diagonal Background stamp
Die-namics Stitched Oval scalloped frames dies (largest)
Altenew Crisp dye inks, Frosty pink, cotton candy, coral berry, ruby red, grapevine, buttercream, warm sunshine, caramel toffee, frayed leaf, forest glades, evergreen
Versa color Hyacinth, Violet
Un-named pigment ink pad Mauve
Adirondack dye ink pad Denim
Archival dye ink Sepia
Versafine Onyx black ink
Craft foam
Card base 5" x 7"
Card front panel
small piece of light pink card
Craft foam
Tape runner
double sided tape
Scotch 3M tape
scissors
Ebosser


Handmade enamel dots in pink and mauve

I hope this card has given you some inspiration, Happy card making


0 comments:

Post a Comment