Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Wednesday 18 October 2017

Treeline Men's card (easy)

Another card on the theme of Men's easy cards. This one could equally be another type of card, just by changing up the colours,  even a sympathy card, as it is quite a tranquil and peaceful card.

I have a Christmas stamp set called Vintage Christmas, which has a stamp in it that is a line of trees, and I thought it would make a great masculine card.


A very easy card to put together, I used some paper from a Lemoncraft paper pack that was woodgrain, and stuck it onto my card base.  I stamped the treeline stamp from the Christmas stamp set, onto Strathmore Bristol smooth watercolor paper with black versafine onyx black in and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  I then coloured it very lightly with tumbled glass distress ink, just to give a hint of colour.  I made a bunting with a piece of hessian fabric and cut a fish tale into it, stuck it onto the woodgrain paper.  Next i backed it with some left over grey card that I had when I cut our my card base, leaving a little bit top and bottom. 


Next I made a sentiment in the same bristol watercolor paper, made it into a banner and tied a bit of hemp string around one end. 


Stuck that down with foam tape and that is literally the card done and dusted.  
A very simple card for me, but the men in my life don't like fussy cards, so it will be great for them.  

Here is a video on how I made the card. If you want to watch it in full HD then check out my youtube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4d8uuWK4kwGnB6aEOUbZlg/videos?view_as=subscriber



The materials I used to make the card were:
Vintage Christmas stamp
Lemoncraft Heart painted 6 x 6 paper pack 
Grey card for card base
Misti
post-it notes
Versafine Onyx black ink
Ranger clear embossing powder
Heat gun
Tumbled glass Distress ink
Ranger mini blending tool and sponges
Craft mat
Craft knife
metal ruler
Altenew birthday greetings stamp
Scissors
Natural thread
Hessian fabric ribbon
Quilled precision applicator bottle
Cosmic shimmer dries clear glue
double sided tape
Scotch foam tape

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I hope you will look at your Christmas stamps and see if there are any you could use for other occasion cards.   




0 comments:

Post a Comment