Free background from VintageMadeForYou

Tuesday 7 November 2017

Foiled snowflake card

This card is an easy easy card, but requires a laminator or minc machine and some toner activated foil.


I got some plain black snowflake clipart from the internet, (making sure they were copyright free) and made them various sizes and arranged them onto a document in a rough panel, printed them on a photocopier, or you can do it on a laser printer (it can't be an inkjet printer, as the foil doesn't work on ink). I then trimmed it down on the left side to where I thought it would look best on the card. (Just eye balled it)

I then cut out a piece of Minc foil in the hot pink that was the same size as my snowflake printout, with the coloured side up, I ran it through the minc machine.

I cut out a strip of some hot pink glitter card and put it down the left hand side of my card base, and trimmed it to the card base. 

i put a piece of silver foil washi tape down the left hand side of my foiled piece, and then stuck that down to the card base, overlapping the glitter card just very slightly, with double-sided tape, and then turned the card over and trimmed it to the card base.  


The sentiment is a Kaisercraft clear stamp called Mistletoe, I stamped this onto a scrap piece of card with versamark ink and then embossed it with silver embossing powder, put some craft foam on the back and stuck it to my card towards the bottom. I put a few iridescent stars dotted between the snowflakes just to fill in a few spaces.

Taadaa, the card is finished, very quick and easy.

Here is a video on how I made this card or view it on my video channel here.


The materials I used to make this card was:
5" x 7"card base
Snowflake clipart
White card for printing
Hot pink toner reactive foil (minc)
Minc machine
Hot pink glitter card
Silver foil washi tape
White irridenscent star sequins
Kaisercraft stamp set called Mistletoe
Versamark ink
Ranger silver embossing powder
Heat gun
double-sided tape
craft foam

Not all cards need to be complicated and sometimes it is just nice to do a really quick one, especially at Christmas when there is a hundred and one other things to do.  



1 comments:

Diane said...

Gorgeous colors and snowflakes.

Hugs Diane

Post a Comment